Saturday, August 04, 2007

So it's been a month almost, since I last updated this blog! To all my dear friends who still visit here!! I still have that urge to write stories and stuff, and that wierd narrative voice which sometimes peep out and start conversing or scripting stories is still there. Pretty inactive and comfortable in its slothy existence/non-existence. It can't seem to quite make its mind. I guess that's the price you pay for these voices--some romantically call muses, crazy split personality, overactive imagination, whatever. These things are pretty tempermental, they feel good, they start to write songs and direct movies in your dreams. Words flow freely and ideas come bursting out like supernovas--creating wonderful new planets, galaxies. When they are on strike, there is nothing. NOTHING you can do to strike a bargain for them to do anything even remotely constructive. They just want to be self-destructive and wallow in self-pity. Wait a minute am I talking about the voice, or me?

Oh anyway, I have/or rather my voice in the head have decided that I will not write more for now until I have experienced more! The voice craves for a vacation from the fictional world, the voice needs nourishment, the voice needs new experiences and stimluations! I am currently focusing all my efforts on doing inexplicably stupid things--like asking a guy out on a date. Yes, I have done that! Unbelivable! Full of indescribable regrets and a very unnatural high from doing stupid things. Like people jumping off bridges on a string or diving out of a plane with a backpack. That kind of thing, you feel like a jackass when you land and finally become sober. But then you feel high because you just do. Now I know why God created stupid people like us. You need stupidity in some degree to feel any heightened emotion. And a good containemnt system in your head to block out all rational decision making abilities.

So you go "don't think, don't think. just do it" Nike---wants to make us stupid, but we still should buy into the last part of the slogan. Because sometimes it is a thin line between heroic courage and pure stupidity.

My voice in the head also does not like suspense. So it has burnt itself out with exhaustion form predicting outcomes which of course have not yet happened and is all really futile. So what will happen? The soap opera in my mind right now will be continued should any of you want to find out.

1 Comments:

Blogger chunhui.sim said...

Nip! Haha.. well that sounds like the kinda thing I'd do. Take initiative and ask a guy out! Since when can one make things happen by being shy, right? Hee hee. Keep us updated!!!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home