Tuesday, December 20, 2005

"Fuck Globalization". That, is a weird thing to say. To think I learnt the word 'Fuck' from some lousy teen-slash horror flick. "flick", that is another vocab straight out of some American movie.
'Globalization' some smart-ass invented this term so that academics have a serious sounding word to talk about ther Americanization of the whole bloody world.
And of course this very picture of an angry sounding young rebel, so damn romanticised in Hollywood film is probably just another mask we have somehow unknowingly adopted. So that, even rebellion was all part of the plan.
But maybe, I'm just pessismitic. Maybe there really is 'democracy. liberty?' Maybe all this talk about democracy for the middle east is more. MORE than coke, disney and dear old Ronald Mcdonald.
But there isn't anything strange. Is there?
There aren't anything more than this? Or prehaps I should say, less?

Some lame movies by some Ang moh directors. But really everyone has red hair these days.
About the mystical East. Before the Americanization.
Falling flat on their flat faces. But my anger is false, Lame.
Lamenting something I have never known and never will. Except through paper-thin adaptations and representations of ourselves and our past. By 'fucking' 'globalization'. So that when I see my black hair dyed red, I think "yar, nice". For that is all the red my body will give in any form of revolution. That's as good as you will get. That's as bloody as any of your slasher 'flick'.
That you knowing it's fake, can still cringe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home